Child having high fever, head pain, fever lowers with reducers than spikes up. What could be the case?

my 3 year old has a fever for 3days off and on topping out at 102. Once he is given a fever reducer it goes down and will stay down for over 6hrs then spikes back up. Last night his fever stayed down after given the fever reducer at 9pm, but at noon today it spiked again. If you ask him what hurts he says no to everything. No his ears dont hurt his head only hurts when he has the high fever, he says his throat\ neck doesnt hurt...what is going on?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012