In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
Yes you can give Calpol
, Anticold /cough medicine , As far antibiotic (Augmentin
) do not prescribe your self.,Because frequent use of antibiotic will cause antibiotic resistance
(whenever its needed it will not work)
I would advice:
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm (Wrapping with cotton cloth )
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Dont give more medicine
7. If she is not recover within 5 to 6 days you can consult again to your doctor.
8. Investigation- CBC and watch for eosinophilic count, WBC/TLC.CRP, X- Ray chest.
9. If necessary you can start antibiotic under pediatric supervision.
I wish your baby recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre