Child having grey white poop. Allergic to dairy, giving coconut milk. Possible cause?

My 12 month old son had three diapers with grey-white poop yesterday. The first diaper had just one grey-white, hard poop and several brown poops. The second diaper had all grey-white poops. The third diaper was a messy grey-white poopy mess. He is allergic to dairy so we have been giving him 12-24 ounces of coconut milk for the last five days (except for yesterday). My doctor said the coconut milk caused the white poop but I cannot find any evidence that that would be true online. What do you think?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that your son is allergic to daily products but you did not mention since when is he allergic nor the basis of diagnosis. I suggest that you get his stool examined which shall throw some light on the stool that you have mentioned.

A 1 year old child can be given solid food instead of coconut milk in case he is allergic to daily products.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal