Child having greenish and loose stool. Test shows pus cell in stool. Not cured by medicine and injection. Any advice?

doctor, my 4 month old girl s stool found greenish & loose, during night sometime suddenly wake up and start crying crying. due to this we consulted a doctor, stool test done shown pus cells 15 -17 & she gave 5 injections in alternate days & some medicine.But after treatment also pus cells remains unchanged in 15-17, can you please help me sir
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
The antibiotic given might not be working.Go for a culture of stool after a gap of 5-7 days of last dose of any antibiotic taken.Depending on the report of culture & sensitivity,the appropriate antibiotic should be used.