Child having glandular fever, endoscopic growing rods. High fever, facing black out. Surgery due

Girl 12, with glandular fever/ross river virus/ barmahs virus 10 weeks ago, hospitalised for a week. Has endoscopic growing rods/staples T5 -T11. Due for lengthening surgery 13 days. Was cancelled 6 wks ago, due to elevated liver levels. Now has high temp & blacked out when standing. Didnt faint, but couldnt see. Bloods to be done on Monday, to make sure all is good for op 9th January.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012

Thank you for your query.

It is important that a complete work-up including a pre-anasthetic check-up is done before the surgery. Surgery should not be undertaken till all infections are under control. The present fever can be a simple viral upper respiratory tract infection.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.