Child having frequent runny nose, cough. Gave nebuliser. Any home remedy for common cold?

My daughter is one year 7 month. In every two-three weeks time she will be having running nose thereafter cough. Most of the time when she is down with cold and cough, I have to give her nabuliser which contains of ventolin 1.5 ml, pulmicort 1ml, Atrovent 1ml for atleast 5 days and three times a day (pulmicort only 2 times). As pulmicort is a kind of steriod, I am not too keen to give it but have to. Is there any home remedy for this common cold and cough.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013