Child having frequent cough, no improvement with nebulizer. Preventive measures and cure?

My 23 month old has frequent coughing issues. Episodes every 2-3 weeks, we have to visit urgent care for nonstop coughing spells. Nebulizer not improving symptoms. She has no mucus , just tightness of breathing , & coughing until eyes turn red from pressure. She coughs very hard. Drs. Prescribe more treatments & steroids. Our house is very clean, & she seems very healthy between bouts & even on the says she s coughing, plays as normal as she can. We need answers though. There s got to be an underlying issue. If its asthma , fine, but how do we treat to prevent these monthly to bimonthly episodes?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013