Child having frequent cough and cold leading to wheezing, eases with nebulisation, regularly taken Asthalin inhaler. Is it safe on regular basis?

My question is to Dr.Ada B Dickinson, pediatrician - Hello, My son is 4years 4 months old and from last one year he is gets cold and then cough which leads to wheezing and we need to get him nebulised twice or thrice and he is relaxed and then put on oral medicines like - Omnacortil 10mg and Astharid syrup for 5 days. It usually starts in the month of August and till febuary it will continue with a gap of 8 to 10 days. So we have advised to give him 3 doses of Asthalin inhaler and 2 doses of seroflo inhaler with the zerostat V (spacer) and baby mask regularly for 2months. So kindly suggest whether usage of Asthalin and the other inhaler is safe to be used for my son regulary and whether it has any side effects.... Thanks, waiting for your revert... -Regards Soumya R Karnataka, India
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012