Child having fever, sore throat, cold. On Advil, Biaxin. Take both of them together?

Hi, My 5 year old son has been running a fever of approx. 102 everyday since saturday. hes been taking advil which brings down the fever until it wears off. He has cold symptoms but nothing major, other then the fever. Doctor said his throat is looking red and he has just had his first dose of the Biaxin which he is to take for the next 7 days. He was given Biaxin Dec.31 fir ear infection and completed that cycle. My question now is, 1) is he ok to take the Biaxin and advil(for the fever). 2) is it bad that he just finished a cycle of Biaxin and he is back on it 1 week later? Im very cautious of medications and just want to be sure he is ok to take the 2 of them together.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013