Child having fever on and off, cough, runny nose, fluorescent green stools. No ear infection. Cause?

My 2 year old has had a fever off and on since December 3, 2012. The fever has gone as high as 41 throughout this month long duration. He only vomitted for one day in the middle of December and has had no other symptoms. He now has had a fever since Jan 1, 2013 again reaching a high of 40. He now has a cough , runny nose and Florescent green poop. I have been giving him tylenol and advil to help reduce the fever. On certain days he will act normal and play and run around and then other days he just wants to lay down and cuddle. I have had his ears checked and there is no infection.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013