Child having fever, cough, brown smelly discharge from ear. Suspecting flu. Having teeth eruptions. Suggestions?

My 5 year old son has had a fever around 100 to 102 for 6 days. On the 3rd day he woke up with a dark brown smelly discharge coming out of his right ear. This was on Christmas day so we waited it out and took him to the doctor the next day. They told us it is the flu and his ears look fine. Since then he has complaining that his ear on the right side hurts. This morning he woke up coughing and saying there is something in his mouth. I looked inside and on the lower right side behind his teeth it is very inflamed. Looks almost like two teeth are about to erupt.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012