Child having fever, cold, ear discharge. Taking calpol. Allergic to ibuprofen

My baby boy (16 months) has a temp of 39.9 which is not decreasing with capol. He has been a bit off his food today and has had cold symptoms for the past few days. He ha allergies and so I cannot give him ibuprofen as that is one of his allergies. I was wondering if I should be worried since the temp doesn t seem to be decreasing. I have him in his cot in his nappy and vest. There may also have been some discharge from his ear as there was something on his earlobe . I believe he is prone to ear infections. He has had at least 5 since birth. Thanks Angela
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012