Child having fever and cough, taken maxtra and calpol, has semi solid stools. Is it safe to give zanocin ans zinconia syrup?

my son is 3 yrs 8 months old. for the past 3 days he is having fever and cough . doc gave calpol 250 and maxtra for cough twice daily. fever has been around 100 degrees. as of todays, ie 3rd day, he is having only one bout of fever around evening time. since morn today he is also having stools semi solid in nature, watery for last 3-4 times, not smelly, but in small amount, i just gave zanocin and zinconia syrup . Is it ok for him ?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012