Child having fever. On cepodem. Child refusing breast milk. Is it safe to give these medicine to a child?

My 4 month old baby had fever one night and all of a sudden it rose to 101.4 rectal.the next day morning it was 102.We went to a paediatrician and he prescribed cepodem oral suspension for the baby.Which is an antibiotic .He said that fever is owing to throat infection and asked us to give 3.5ml twice a day.Is it advisable to use cepodem50 for such a small kid.He also prescribed a probiotic vizlac suspension and crocin for the baby.Now the scenario is baby is not willing to take any breastmilk and cries everytime i put him down as if he is in lot of pain.Please advice
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012