Child having excessive sleep, fluctuating temperature, mottling arms and legs. Has good appetite. Cause?

My son is 11 months old. Yesterday, he slept all day and did not want out of my arms. He eat and drank as normal, plenty of wet diapers, and had a extra large bowel movement last night. He had an increase in temperature to 100.2 F, which his normal is around 98.5 F, prior to bathtime. I gave him teething tablets and Tylenol , thinking he is teething. After bath, I noticed his legs and arms mottling. He slept through the night, and had no fever . This morning, his temperature went back up to 100.2 F. He appears like he doesn t feel good. He has slept most of the day today. After his nap, I noticed his arms, legs, and trunk was mottled again. He skin is warm, so he was not cold . He is not coughing, but has nasal drainage, which he takes Zyrtec for allergies. He is current on vaccinations. His weight is approx 23 pounds. He has no known allergies. Just was concerned about the mottling, due to known on his trunk, including legs and arms. Thanks, Karin
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012