Child having elevated Alk Phos in blood work. High fever, red bumps, general weakness, no appetite. Reason?

My son has an elevated Alk Phos on two consecutive tests, the first was 3954, the second was 3409. He had blood work done due to a high fever (104-105) and he became slightly dehydrated. The cause of the fever was never determined, but was assumed to be a virus. He had additional blood work that was off, but not as bad. He also has tiny dark red bumps appearing on his face and chin , which he recently started getting since the illness . It doesn t appear to be a rash - it s just bumps under the skin. He is 21 months old. He routinely is fatigued and some times just has no appetite , and is routinely constipated, despite a healthy diet. He also has a small bump on his neck of unknown origin. He typically (once or twice a month) will run low grade fevers do not require medication and only last a day. He was not on any medication other than motrin when his blood was tested. He will be retested in the coming weeks on his blood work. The doctor wanted to perform a CT scan , but my wife did not agree with injecting him with radiation at the time. Any guesses as to these symptoms. The doctor did mention cancer as a possibility.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012