Child having dry cough followed by vomiting, mostly active, no fever, has a shunt. Is it due to shunt?

My 2 year old is vomiting after he eats or drinks. He has not been able to keep anything down for 3 days now. He also has a dry cough usually before he throws up. The vomit does not smell like it usually would with a virus. He is playing normally most of the time, but also has moments where he lays and seems to feel bad. He has no fever or symptoms. He also has a shunt. Should I be concerned with the shunt or could this be something else?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012