Child having dried blood in ear after cleaning it with q-tip. Possible cause?

On friday I cleaned my 3yr old sons ear with a q-tip, I used just the tip, and he started screaming. Every day since then he has had dried blood in his ear each morning, which we have cleaned out.. Tonight we checked again to see if everything was ok. And there was so much dried blood we couldn t see down inside of his ear. I am going to try to make dr. Appt in the morning (we just moved so we don t have a doctor.) Do you know what could be causing all of the blood? He seems to be able to hear just fine, so I was thinking maybe its just a scratch but, there s so much dried blood, I don t know.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013