Child having difficulty in watching distant objects. Having cylindrical number. Suggested wearing glasses. Will number increase if glasses not used?

Hi Doctor, My son is 3.9 years old. Recently we visited eye specialist to get his eyes tested as he was squeezing his eyes while watching distant objects. As per the doctors, he has a cylindrical number 2.5 in left eye and 3.5 in his right eye. They suggest us to use a specs for him. I am concerned and want to check, since he is just 3 years old, he may not wear the glasses regularly, will his number increase as the years passes. Is there any way we can get it treated at this age?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012