Child having difficulty in reading, writing, is left-handed. Paternal history of cross dominance, reading and writing trouble, were lefty as well. Has the child inherited the same?

We have an 11 year old granddaughter who has always had great difficulting in reading and putting thoughts down on paper. She is a lefty as is her father and mother. Her father and and one of his brothers were both left handed and were diagnosed back in the 70 s with cross dominance. Both had the same problem with reading and writing. Her father was in a special ed. class until 5th. grade and was seen at a clinic which had him doing eye-hand exercises at home. What is the current thoughts on cross dominance. I had checked her several years ago by giving her a tube to look through and sure enough she picked it up with her left hand and put it up to her right eye.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012