Child having diarrhea. Diagnosed giardiasis, treated with metrogyl. Symptoms reoccurred. Antibiotic treatment required?

army daughter 2 year old had diarhhea 3 weeks before motion showed occult blod mucus positive fat globules and pus cells seen doctor told it may be giardiasis so treated with metrogyl she was ok now past 2 days has increased frequency of stools 3 times per day semisolid motion test today shows bacteria andpus cells present occult blood negative no fat globules she passes greenish stools at times does she need antibiotic treatment again?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012