Child having dark red dry spot on shoulder. No relief with medication, not spreading. Remedy?

My 3 year old son has a dark red dry spot on his sholder about the size of a nickel and two smaller spots that look the same heading into his armpit. They do not bother him at all. I have tried lotion for about a week with very little change. I tried an antifungual cream the other night and that made it worse to look at, but still does not effect my son. I tried neosporin last night with no change. It does not seem to be spreading, nor is it going away. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012