Child having cough, throwing up thick phlegm, fever. Possibility of having whooping cough, pneumonia?

Took my two year old daughter and six year old son to the Dr the other day and my son was diagnosed with strep throat so they are treating my daughter as well. My daughter is getting worse instead of better. She has a cough that makes her gag and throw up thick phlegm and all night last night she coughed like she is trying to bring something up but can t. Then of course she has been crying all night. Fever of 101.9 and I gave tylenol and she woke up with her hair soak and wet this morning, which she has never done before, even with past fevers. Is it possible she could have Whooping cough even though there is no whoop sound at the end and even though she has been vaccinated? Or are we looking at possibly pneumonia? I am a Registered Nurse, but when it comes to my kids, I am a hypochondriac!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013