Child having cough after treatment for viral fever. Which medicine should be given?

Hi Dr., My son ( Age : 1 year and 10 Months, Weight : 10Kg ) had fever 101.6F on 10th July 2012. Consulted a child specialist on the same day. The doctor checked includng throat etc., and suspected viral fever and give the below medicine and adviced it would be there for 4 days. 1) Crocin drops 100mg/ml - 2.5 ml : Three times a day. 2) Syrup. Sinarest - AF - 2.5 ml : Three times a day. 3) Syp. ceflolac 50mg / 5ml - 5ml : Twice a day ( Morning and night). The fever has come down. I have stoped the above medicine today. I see the child is started having caugh since morning sometimes. Difficulties in taking food / water. A while ago at 3.30 PM IST on 15th july observed 99F when he awake up from noon sleep. He was slightly tired. So I thought the fever might come and given the above medicines one course. What should I do for the caugh?. I could not find a doctor today being sunday :). I can meet that doctor only monday evening. Please advice some medicine for the above. Regards Thilakam J
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012