Child having convulsions since birth. Responding to gardinal and crocin syrup. Safe to increase dosage?

Hi, My Kid is 30days old and he had convulsions on the second day of the birth and doctor priscribed the Gardinal Syrup. Later we observed that he was not moving his right leg properly even though he can sence the touch. We showed the same to docror and he priscribed Crocin Syrup and and message to that leg. Now he is 25% ok he moves the leg when he cries but doctor is insisting us to increase the Gardinal to 2.5ml to 3.75Ml. I sthis safe please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012