Child having continuous cough with vomiting. No fever. Medication?

My son is 3 1/2 years old. He has developed a gagging cough which cause him to sometimes vomit . He started with a normal cough 2 weeks ago. It has gotten worse. The episodes are not constant. He coughs slighty throughout the day and has these gagging episode probably every few hours. He has no fever , runny nose , stuffy nose or change in diet or environment. We do not smoke or take him places where people do. I have taken him to his regular Dr and a after hours ped clinic. They both say nothing but he has no signs of getting better. Only worse. The episodes started a night but have now progressed throughout the day.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012