Child having constant pain in hips, knees. Pale skin, dark circles under eyes. Anemic. Suggestions?

Hi there my nephew is in constant pain in the hips and knees. He is 4 years old and is becoming very lethargic. He randomly falls and requires to be carried when we go out because he is in so much pain. He has very pale skin and dark circles around his eyes. he is out of sorts and now doesn t want to go to school because he is so tired. I have seen a doctor and been told he is anaemic, but I am not convinced as I started my son on iron and there is no improvement...if anything he seems to be getting worse...please help
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013