Just now I saw your question ( 23:34 hrs IST). That is more than 10 days since you had posted. Any way follow this simple steps when 14 months old has cold
1. Hoarse voice means childs voice box - larynx
has been affected. If this is associated with breathing difficulty or a barking cough
go to the doctor immediately.
2. For cold look for the following
b. Nose leak
c. nose block
d. Nose itch
All the above 4 symptoms point to a allergic problem.
3. If the running nose is thick and yellow and the nose tip is red and child has ear pain
or ear appears tender on touching or there are neck glands: then it is a indication for antibiotic.
4. if the respiration appears very rapid or if the child has severe cough go to the doctor
5. Any temperature above 100.4 F requires a medical evaluation.
14 months old getting tonsillitis
and ear infection
means there should be a correctable condition
eg. Bottle feeding leading to aspiration, child is surrounded by dirt which goes to the mouth
with best wishes