Child having cold for days, prescribed maxtra, having thick yellow mucus. Common cold or allergy?

hello doctor, my 3 yrs old son got cold for past 20 days. i m giving maxtra-(phenylphrine hydrochloride & chlorpheniramine maleate syrup) decongestant syrup after consulting my doctor. but still he is having very thick yellow fluid(like pus- it not give any odor.i.e pus smell) from his nose & nasal block, due to this his nasal skin is start bleeding- due to continous use of cloth and tissues. but he doesn t have any irritation and itching over there. kindly give advice . what it is, is this common cold or allergy or some other.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013