Child having coartation of the aorta, hole in the heart. Has developed breathing problems. Asthma or related to heart?

My daughter is 9 yrs old and has had a heart condition since she was born. She has a coartation of the aorta and a small hole in her heart and a few other minor issues. just recently she has been having problems breathing . it is happeneing now so much that i took her to the her pediatrician and they think she might have Excercise Induce Asma. i am waiting to go see a speciatlist for that. The more i think about it, its not only when she is active that this occurs. She has problems breathing when she is laying down or even just talking sometime she exausts her last breath to get a word out. At night when she is sleeping i do hear her sometimes she sounds like she is drowning or something when she breaths. What are the chances this is Asma or what are the chances it has anything to do with her heart or can it effect her heart.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013