Child having burning sensation while passing urine, fever. Many pus cells found. Prescribed Flush, Altacef

My daughter is 2 years and three months old .She is having burning sensation during passing of urine .She is also having fever in the range 99.5 to 101 F .WE are having a great difficult time to manage her When urine was tested in ore report the pus cell was 40-50 and in other report it was 15-20 . The local doctors have prescribed a) FLUSH and b)Altacef(Cefurixime Axetil) combined with symptomatic release against fever & pain . Pl advise . Note : She is getting regular cough and clod since last three months .Prior to that ,she was a remarkably sound child . I am a poor person from India .Pl help
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Welcome to HCm,
Your daughter is having acute urinary infection.
Continue with the medicine and she will be alright.
This antibiotic will work for her cough as well.
Try to give more water.
Keep her private part clean and healthy.
Clean it proper while giving her bath.
Ok and bye.