Child having burn like scabs on hand. Any treatment needed?

I recently noticed some dried hardened almost burnlike scabs on top of my 8 year old son hands. They are hardly notieable but are very rough to the touch and he says they burn. They are not clustered but are where his hair follicles on his hands should be. I tried to rub the area gently to see if they would come off but they are stubborn.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HealthcareMagic.
As per your query you have noticed that your child have burn like scabs on hand. You have not mentioned in your query the exact time period since the scab are present.
You please ask your son regarding exact onset of the problem. THere can be mutiple possibilities but most commonly it is due to either sun burn or contact with some chemicals.
You can apply calamine lotion and fluticasone cream over the affected area. For burning symptom can do cold water compresses and any antihistamine. Apply white petroleum gelly once the scab are totally dry.
Rest assured your son will be alright in next few days.
I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)