Child having bumps under her tongue. Mouth sore. Pain while eating, drinking. What could it be?

My toddler, soon to be 3 has bumps under her tongue on the side of the gland that connects her tongue, her mouth is very sore. Her tongue is coated white and her gums look white. We r positive it is not thrush. She cries and screams when she eats or drinks bc she s in so much pain. Even with water, she cries. She s running a pretty high fever . Around 101. She says her throat hurts too. Pls help. Any suggestions on what this is? We r planning on going to the ER if not better n the morning.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012