Child having bulge on right side of groin. Is this hernia? How to rectify?

Hi Doctor Christensen, My 2 year old son has just recently developed a bulge in the right hand side of his groin which when pushed or massaged the disappears. He has been coughing and crying a fair bit recently due to him being unwell so this may be a cause. Is this a hernia? Do I need to worry about this? What do I need to look out for and what should I do? It is not causing him any pain at the moment but it has been noticeable after bath time for the past 2 nights. I look forward to your expert advice. Regards, Tracey
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013