Child having bruises with lumps on the stomach and around ribcage. Is it worrisome?

I noticed a bruise on my sons body on the stomach area near the hip right side, I asked if the bruise was sore and what happened he said it wasnt sore and doesnt know why the bruise is there, then on feeling it I discovered a lump, not hard it felt as big as large walnut, he said it was not sore, this morning I checked again its stil there and another bruise near towards the ribcage also on the right side with also a softish lump, no inflamation and no pain. Should I be concerned, I have made an appointment for the paed but that is much later today.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012