Child having breathing problems. Nebulising done, mucus present, fever repeatedly coming. Cause?

Doctor, My son 2 years few months old having breathing problems few times from childhood. Now this has again come. This time he was hopitalised with Nebulising. But the Cough Mucus has not completely gone from chest . He had atibiotic course & some oral syrups also Puff medicines. But the Fever is repeatedly coming. what could be the problem with him. Sami Das, Kolkata INDIA
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Dear Mr. Das,

After antibiotic treatment, the doctor would have given the child certain medicines to reduce the cough and liquefy sputum (phlegm). The puff medicines are intended for the delivery of small doses of medicines directly into the lungs. Your doctor might have told you whether it is a puff for prevention or for relief. Follow his advice closely. I am sure you must be using a spacer and mask as well. Unless the technique is correct the medicines will not reach the lungs.

Repeated infections are usually seen in some children with reduced immunity (strength to ward off) against infections. Ensure that the child is given prescribed medicines with correct technique.

Hope your child recovers fast and you can prevent recurrences in future with your doctor’s help.
Thanks for using