Child having abdominal pain, passing mucus, stool many times. Reason?

Hi my three year old son has been complaining of his tummy hurting a lot and he poops at least 3,4, or 5 times a day and I notice the last time he pooped it was a very light color. I also wiped his butt one day because he said he pooped and there was mucus on the toilet paper but no poop in the toilet. Could there be something seriously wrong? He has complained about his belly hurting in a few days and he hasn t been pooping as much
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012