Child having a parietal fracture. Medics suggested operation, but we refused. What could be the effects of not having this operation? Can this lead to hydrocephalus, epileptic shock?

Hi Doc, i got something to asked Doc it`s all about my baby boy having a fracture . my son 2 yrs. old have fell down upstairs about 6 ft. he`s been admiited at the hospital & CtScan results : 1.5 inch deppressed, Parietal fracture (left side) doctors said emergency operation but my in-laws didn`t want to have an operation for my son. They have anxities about it So, we get a refussal form, signed it & have been discharge . (we`ve stayed about 3 nights at the hospital) Doctor`s didn`t gve any medication .. No pain relievers.. Nuero-Surgeon`` just advised us to put ice on ma son`s fracture.. & will be back in hospital after 2WEEKS (Out patient) That was it.. What makes me nervous,anxious is what could be the effects after all that? after we refused for the operation. In my son`s case he`s always irritable.. he always keep on pointing , touching his parietal fracture sayin ``ouch`` Doc, i was thinking does he will be having any complicationsin the near future, doesn`t he? *i`m very afraid about anyone else`s say about Hydrocephalus , epeliptic shock. Could he`ll be suffering any syndromes in the future? *Doc, please let me know what`s the best we can do for him? *No medication for my Son`s case Doc? is that so? He`s at home now. Yours, Mary
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012