Child have vomiting. Diagnosis results strep. Prescribed for injections. Is it normal treatment?

My child is at first unsupervised weekend with father. She is three. Is was fine on Friday. On Sunday he took her to a 24 hr urgent care. He has told me she was positive for strep and the MD informed him there was no other treatment other than pills or a shot. Since Megan can not swallow pills yet, he choose the shot (as I was told). I know there are many liquids available. She is in Ga and I am in NC. He did not bring her back today as court ordered due to her vomitting excessively. I am concerned. Why would a doctor choose a shot (without any allergy history). Is my nagging mothers intutition right and something else could be going on.... Or is this in fact a normal treatment? BTW my ex is very unstable, I have spent over 300,000 trying to keep him from any unsupervised visitation.... But he has more money than I.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Hello, Thanks for the query to H. C. M.C.
Frankly being as a doctor and being a human I would say one thing that in between mother and father ( ego of both) the children are most sufferers and same is in your's case.
The concerned doctor has given a best possible treatment to the little one and vomiting etc are just for a short time and little will improve at once so need not to worry.
Pl don't bring ego problems in child treatment.
You better judge what is best for you and children. Have a good luck.
Regards Dr. HET