Child have swollen forehead due to fall along with indent. What to do?

My 12 month old hit his head on the corner of the concrete curb. He cried for a couple of minutes and when I picked him up he had a horizontal indent on his forehead where he made contact. It is swollen and he know has what looks like bruising where the indent was. Should I take him to the hospital? And will the indent/ brushing disappear?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
There is hematoma formation at injury site and it takes few days to settle.
Apply ice compresses over injured area 2 to 3 times a day and give acetaminophen for pain relief.
Watch for danger signals like vomiting/lethargy/bleeding from ear or nose.
In case you observe any take him to ER.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless...

General & Family Physician Dr. Mukesh Tilgam's  Response
as you didnt mention the height of fall . does the baby had vomiting or convulsion , drowsiness .
watch for vomiting or convulsion like symptomes if occures you should go for x ray skull or CT scan of head.
You should keep under observation of any physician for 24 hour atleast
till you can give analgesic
and watch for any symptomes