Child have swelling and redness in face. Why could it be?

My 3 year old son has redness and swelling on one side of his face. We've asked him if it hurts and he says no. He also says it doesn't itch but he is aware of it. Could it be numb or tingling? It is also warm to the touch. He hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary or fallen. It's the wrong season for bugs. What could cause this and what should we do about it?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Since how long he is having this problem?

Is it worsening gradually or it is static?

Does he have any other problem like fever or breathing difficulty?

Did you start a new oil or soap etc recently?

Is it present on one half of the face or spreading to other parts of the body?

Please reply in detail so that I can help you better.