Child have problem with vision. Have diagnosed as hyperopia. Tests all done. Will it cure automatically?

My son is in kindergarten and just turned 6 years 2 weeks ago. In November the teacher called us for a conference and recommened that my son see a reading/writing specialist. He was writing on a slant (to the left) and was inverting letters and numbers... on some days more than others. The lower case b and d, j and numbers 2, 5, 9. His handwriting was also very poor. By mid Feb there was improvement but not enough. We saw a an occupational therapist who recommended a pediatric optometrist. My son had been complaining that sometimes he could not see the words, specially when the font is very small. He has great vision (distance)... His accuity was measured in school and were not informed of any issues. The optomitrist today said his left eye did not focus as well and that he had hyperopia. The Rx is PL +0.75 - 0.50 x 115/+100 FT 28 at lower pupil. I've been reading that hyperopia is common in children and that mild hyperopia does not require correction that it will correct itself on its own. I don't want to confuse a learning disability with an eye issue and vs. a vs. What are your thoughts on the Rx?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013