Child have problem in passing stool. Have been giving nido +1 formula. Is it constipation?

Hi My 21 months old girl seems not to go well with her stools. I have noticed recently she will bend down by her knees on the floor and cry, when lifting her up she will hold on to me tightly with her fingers tightly closed. Is this the sign of constipation or stomach cramps? I have recently switched her about a week to Nido +1 Formula.Other than that she is stil eating well. I tried what I usually give her PHILLIPPS milk of magnesia but it didnt work this time around.When canging nappy it shows brownish but no stools. Please help
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013