Child have problem in concentrating, problem in speech and ear. Can it be a mild ear infection?

I have a 5 yo son who is struggling at school. His teacher said he is extremely clumsy, falls down a lot, (can not ride a bike yet)has difficulty concentrating on tasks and following instructions. He has regressed with speech too, (his speech was very clear until about 3.5 years and now it is very hard for others to understand him). He has one ear that is always full of wax. Could he have a middle ear infection?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013