Child have pneumonia and asthma, is on ventilator. What to do now?

What about my 35-week new born baby in Life-support in NICU for pneumonia and asthma?
Last week I had a baby of 35-week. He weighs 4.85 pounds. It is a Cesarean Baby. Right after his birth he has got breathing problem due to pneumonia and asthma along with weak lungs development. So he had taken to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Though he maintained breathing with Oxygen support for first 60-hours; he had given 'Life-Support - Ventilator' after 60-hours as he couldn't manage to maintain Oxygen level and became 'Bluish'.
When I am typing the question it is already 6 days.
He is now quite a bit okay with the help of Ventilator machine; but Doctors are saying that he is in 100% risk as long as he is in Life-support. Though they are trying to bring out from the Life-Support, it seems he is not yet ready to maintain oxyzen level without life-support.
What should be done further as a father. What is his condition?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013