Child have loose tooth with a hole in the gums. Will the gums heal by itself?

My seven year old daughter has had a loose tooth for over two months. It is one of her top front teeth. When I looked in her mouth today, I was alarmed to see a 3-4mm hole in her gum above her loose tooth. When she wiggles her tooth, I can see what looks like maybe a broken root moving in and then sticking out her gum. Her grown up tooth has been growing behind the baby tooth for for several months. She is not in any pain. Will her gum heal by itself?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013