Child have gas in stomach which is colic. Taking ketotifen syrup. Does this have side effect?

Hi my child 2 months 1 week is diagnosed with having stomach gas normally known as colic. Whenever he take milk 50% mother feed and 50% bottle feed he starts having gas problem. Yesterday he has been prescribed by a local doctor Ketotifen syrup just quarter of a spoon but he has been sleeping most of the day today, which i have checked on the internet as being one of the side effects. He is taking Nan 1 milk currently which i want to change either to Cow & Mate or Morinaga - Kindly advise should we continue with this Ketotifen or discontinue it.

Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013