Child have fever. Taking paracetemol and ibuprofen, but the fever spikes up again. What to do?

I've been giving my 3 yr old children's paracetemol and ibuprofen (alternately every 3-4 hours) for 24 hours to control a high temperature. She's still OK apart from the temperature, tired and bit quiet but generally fine. As soon as the medicine wears off her temperature spikes up again (just over 39 C inner ear - with a Braun thermoscan thermometer). How long can I keep giving the meds to control temperature? Should she see a doctor? Her sister had Scarlet fever 2 weeks ago - but this doesn't seem to be scarlet fever as there are no other symptoms apart from the high temp. My wife and I had a fever/chills bug earlier this week.

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013