Child have fever. Had a fall earlier. No visible injuries. Is fever because of internal injuries?

My granddaughter fell backwards thru our screened porch 4 days ago and now presents with fever of 102. She has had no visible signs of injury, but seemed to be in mild shock right after the fall. She is 18 months old. She cried for about 5 minutes then was ok until she tried to walk and she couldn't put weight on legs it seemed. We don't think she hit her head we think she landed on butt or back. So we headed to the ER. By the time we got there she was talkative again and we put her down in the parking lot and she stared running around and was back to herself. We stayed in a grassy part for about 20 - 30 minutes then decided we didn't need to have her seen so went back home. Just a little worried that the fever could mean some type of injury internally. Am I crazy?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Injury on head of any child is always riskful.
becouse without symptomes we cant judge the severity of injury as the child doesnt tells much more .
if the injury on head is associated with vomiting / unconciousness is dangerous . if symptomes are like this immediatly go for CT scan of head.
Internal injury can be ruled out from CT scan of head
So i will advise you to go for atleast one check up by the surgeon / paediatrician
take care