Child have cramps in foot, raised arch are which is painful. No medication till now. What to do?

Hello, My 14 year old daughter just showed me her left foot - complaining of past foot cramps. On the bottom of her foot in about the arch area is a hard raised pinkish-red line slightly arced measuring approx 6" in length. Upon my touch, she winces in discomfort. She says that in the past month and a half she was getting a lot of foot cramps - nearly every day. She says it only cramps now when too much pressure is applied to the hardened red line. What might this be? Thank you, Barb K
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013